November

You know what? November really has a lot going on.

Daylight Savings Time.
Thanksgiving.
Black Friday.
Small Business Saturday.
Cyber Monday.
Movember.
My brother's Birthday.

and so on, you see.

For me, the real big thing this November has been my participation in the insanity that is NaNoWriMo. (National Novel Writing Month).

I mean, who writes 50,000 words in 30 days?  Crazy people do.

Here's what I've learned.

1. A chapter can be any length I want, I'm the author!
2. I can set up the chapters however I want, I'm the author!
3. I have to make my characters say things.  Apparently, I'm the author.
4. I have to make my characters move around, otherwise they don't do anything.
5. It isn't actually all that easy.

And now you know what I know about writing a novel.

Comments

  1. I have learned a couple of things too.
    1. NaNoWriMo is nuts! Especially when you start 5 days late. Booo.
    2. I owe a lot to "the Biebs" and The Piano Guys. I should personally thank them some day.
    And most importantly:
    3. I can can can CAN write a novel! Who would have thought?

    *sigh* have we officially gotten to those long dark nights, or what? but really...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you and Al for participating in NaNoWriMo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Finally, A Diagnosis and Imposter Syndrome, Too