Lose Weight, Guaranteed!

Ok, really this post is about gardening again. But I've already written a post that I titled "Gardening", and I thought this would catch your attention. And I think that gardening probably is a sure-fire weight loss activity, cleverly disguised as hard work.

There I am, getting the soil ready to welcome the seeds.  The original garden was pretty big, but we added about five feet, and put the fence around it.  The original owners also apparently planted nothing but corn and strawberries, and let me tell you what: Strawberries are a mess to dig out once they get in cozy and comfy.  Phew, that was a chore.
What a handsome, handsome man.
Hanna was a champion through most of this part:

And Hallie did a really good job sleeping through all the fun parts, and then she woke up to the drudgery of putting in seeds.  Thank goodness we had her around to liven up that most dull of garden tasks.



I can't wait to meet you, little carrots, sweet peas, green beans, peppers, tomatoes, pumpkins, cantaloupes, raspberries, and the inevitable strawberry that escaped our grasping fingers.

Comments

  1. AWESOME! I am so excited to see how your garden grows.

    And the title of the post definitely grabbed my attention.

    What a champion that Hanna is. :)

    Strawberries have very tangled root systems. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite memories is of helping my dad plant the seeds in our garden each year. I thought it was so awesome to see how different (or similar) the seeds were. And it was just cool to poke a little hole in the dirt, stick in this tiny thing, and know we'd be eating it in a few months.

    I'm jealous of your large garden - and excited to hear about how delicious all the rewards of your hard work are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy! Thanks for stopping by my little blog! That's some serious gardening! And I was definitely interested in the weight loss thing! None of my fingers are green so I just don't try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! What a cute little Family you have! I talked to Sis Odell today and it got me thinking about all of the Muncie folks.

    btw this is Brittany...I dont have my blog up and running yet so Im commenting from my photo blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected