Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chicken Soup for the Soul

I think I have every one of those chicken soup for the soul books. I certainly have books one, two, three and four.  I also have chicken soup for the pet lover's soul.  I even bought myself Chicken Soup for the Golden Soul, and didn't figure it out until halfway through what Golden** meant.  I think that one is one of my favorites though.

We got to have Devin's parents here for a few days last week, and as I watched them with the girls it seems to me that grandparents are chocolate chip cookies for the soul.



 And they are great for helping with yard work.



**Apparently a Golden soul is a soul that occupies a body that has lived on this earth for 65 years or longer.  (According to the chicken soup people.)

6 comments:

  1. Thank

    Goodness

    for

    Parents.

    (And Golden Souls.)

    (And Devin's dad looks amazing in the sweatshirt. Did he take it home with him?)

    (My mouth hurts.) :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, another goal to become a Golden soul. Mimi, hope your mouth feels better really soon!

    Those grandparents sure look like a tough act to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my husband has a Golden soul from birth :)

    (For those of you reading this and thinking huh? His name is Golden)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ames, you are my living, breathing noodle soup for the soul. I just love you, woman!

    That sounded kinda weird there with the living, breathing soup thing, but I hope you know what I meant.

    It means that I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At our Y, they have activities that are labeled Gold and Silver for different age groups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I was like, "oooh Zumba—gold!" Sounds exciting. Haha.

    ReplyDelete