Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First Rate

All my babies are peacefully napping.  I wrap up on the phone with the lady from customer services who is helping me set up our phone and internet in Lincoln.  Do I dare believe I have time to take a nice. long. hot. shower? 

I decide to live on the wild side, and risk it.  I am trying to decide who I should go get first if when I step out of the shower they are both screaming.  Undecided, I reach to pick up my shower sponge.  (What is that thing really called?)  When it's all soapy and lathery I commence washing.  Enjoying the minty smell I start to wash my legs, and as I get down to my ankle I realize why it had been itching all morning.  In bright blue and orange, a little sticker proudly proclaims me as being 'First Rate'.

Thanks, Hallie.  I think you are first rate too.

Just one of the simple reasons being a mother is worth it.  And why I will from now on check my body for stickers before going to bed at night.

4 comments:

  1. You really are first rate. I'm curious if the ladies were screaming when you got out? Aren't showers great though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are definitely first rate. and i love that your body proudly displayed it for a short time while you weren't looking. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you go about getting first rate stickers? I feel like I need to have them on hand just in case any of you ladies show up on my door step...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. :) I'm glad you got to take a shower!!! Oh the life of a mother . . .

    THERE IS A SUPER HOTT VAN SITTING IN MY DRIVEWAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete