Which One?

Look, I know I ask for your help a lot, but you guys are just so good at being helpful, and I am so bad at making decisions.

I have about ten posts that I have wanted to write, but I spent a ridiculously silly amount of time on these pictures instead, and now I can't decide which is better.  That's your cue to step up and say you'd love to help, so that I can free up my brain to tell you all the other things I've been wanting to tell you. (Oreos are involved, so get excited.)

What I do is I take pictures that represent the words of the song I am teaching and then I hold up the page for the line and they (hopefully) remember the words and know what to sing, until they have the song memorized. I do this because about half the kids are too young to read, or read very well. 

Now you know what I do at church on Sunday.

The line of the song in question that I have to teach the kids is "for all His creations of which I'm a part".  Originally I just took four pictures, one for each season, and put them around a picture of the Earth.  Nice.

Then I thought maybe I should emphasize more "of which I'm a part".  So I went back and found pictures of the seasons with kids in them.  And, as I said, I spent a ridiculous amount of time sizing the pictures to make them fit nicely on the page together.  Because in addition to not being able to make decisions, I also am not able to use computer programs like someone my age should be able to*. 

Your task is to pretend you are a four year old.  Which picture would you rather look at, and which one more says, "of all His creations of which I'm a part" to you?  Thanks for all your help.  Really.  What would I do without you guys?  When I asked Devin he said, "they both look fine."  Whatever you do, don't say that to me.



You should  be very, very, very impressed that I figured out how to make these into .jpg's.  And that I know what a .jpg is.  Sort of, I mean, I sort of know what one is.

This will be printed on a regular size page, and held up in front of about 30 children, so also take into account which one would be easier to see.

*But I type fast, so that helps me feel good about myself.

All photos are from lds.org

Comments

  1. I think the second one is more geared to the age group you are going for. However on that one, the little girl in the sprinkler or rain, seems somewhat confusing to me. I mean, me, as an adult get it, but if i were four, i would not know if that was supposed to be spring or summer. because you play in sprinklers in the summer. and it rains in the spring (or it is supposed to). you can figure it out if you compare the pictures but that is a lot of thought for a small person, especially when the task at hand is really supposed to be singing. did you want that much info?? ah well, you got it. anyways, bravo for figuring out the whole computer/jpeg situation. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second. I'm feeling the 'of which I'm apart'-ness. But exceelent work all around I'd say. Way to save a .jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess what i am trying to say is the pics in the top one are much more cut and dry. but i think the bottom one overall suits small people better. ok i am really done now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!? We have the same calling and I didn't know this?? I agree,I like the second one as well. :-) we will have to share ideas sometime! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little ones would identify with the children in the lower set. They don't know seasons particularly so rain/sprinkler, snow, the beach, the woods. it's all part of the child's world. Can I suggest finding a fall photo of playing in the leaves? I think the idea is thumbs up! Else just got her first grown up calling- to Primary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second one, too!

    I had no clue you were primary chorister - I knew you were in primary, but I guess I was just clueless as to what you did there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the second one is best. Kids love seeing pictures of kids. And while they may not recognize, "oh that's a beach" or "oh that's a sprinkler" they will get that they are part of God's creations.

    Both groupings look fabulous by the way, but I vote for the one with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both look great, but I vote for the second also, mostly for the thought put into it. Choristering at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite calling ever. I vote for the second as well. What a great job you are doing magnifying your calling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The second one. For days when you don't have the time to compile all of the pictures that you want: http://jollyjenn.com/JollyJenns_Page/Flipcharts.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Use the second. Kids like pictures of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, Amy.... I love that we both were in YW and now we are both Primary chorister. I have found so many blogs that having some amazing ideas!! Let me know you want some of those links. Also, there is a great Facebook group for Primary choristers and I also love! Though sometimes I wonder if all the blogs and Facebook give me TOO many ideas that I take even longer to prepare my lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh and as far a my vote, I LOVE the first picture because those are GREAT pictures and things that I love about nature and you can use the pictures from the second picture for other parts of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Use them both. You've got fast hands the first "for all his creations" and the second "for which I'm a part".

    I love thinking of you leading the singing in junior primary. Now that Mom and I are enjoying Jr primary every week, I can totally appreciate the challenge of helping these little guys learn a song.

    Love, Pappy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected