Pros and Cons

There are many upsides to having a surgery.  The first thing I noticed was:

- A milkshake whenever I wanted one.

Following along shortly thereafter I noted additional perks:

- A nap whenever I wanted one.
- A life of ease and luxury.
- Getting to play Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo as much as I wanted.
- Friends bringing brownies.
- I haven't changed a single diaper in six full days.

I figured out the downsides pretty quickly too, though.

- It hurts.
- You can't hold your babies
- The pain meds make you take a nap whether you want one or not.
- When you are on these kinds of meds and you get a migraine, you can't take anything else, and it still hurts.
- Mario gets old after you die on the same level ten times in a row because you can't play right.
- Your mother wasn't lying when she said too much ice cream and brownies will make you sick.
- I would gladly change a diaper every hour as a trade off for my own bowel issues being solved.

Here's to getting better soon!

Comments

  1. Aww. :( I hope your tummy ache goes away soon. And that you took lots of pictures at the beach today.

    See you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a funny gal. Luxury wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better quickly. I had a partial hysterectomy when Elise was just 2 months old. It was pretty awful. I feel your pain. I hope you heal soon and get back to feeling like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the surgery went as well as possible and truly do hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected