Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It Worked Out

You may remember a while ago I wrote a post ranting about my sewing machine and how it chewed up and spat out the flannel that I was using to make a quilt.  Well, it got to the point where I had to borrow a friend's machine (thanks Natalie!) to finish the blanket, but everything worked out in the end - especially because it came the breakdown came right in time - cue music for awesome Christmas present. (Although it was not from Devin technically, thanks Grandma Boling!!)

My friend just sent me a picture (thanks Hannah!) of her lovely cutie pie, and it looks to me like she likes it! (You're welcome, Madelyn)


I am considering giving flannel a second chance on my new machine, but the irrational part of me is afraid that flannel is just plain evil and will destroy this machine as well...

4 comments:

  1. Madelyn was mid-story about how awesome her new quilt is when I took this picture... I'm glad that it worked in your favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Madelyn is so CUTE! And that blanket looks fantastic. Flannel is nice and soft though. Talk to Laurie about it. She has made quite a few flannel baby blankets. Although she didn't quilt them. She just hems the edges and uses them as receiving blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design. I love it. Nice work, Ames. You perfectionist, you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used flannel for the back of a quilt, and used regular fabric for the quilted part. That way I didn't have to quilt the flannel, but it was still soft.

    ReplyDelete