At the Grocery Store

So, a while ago I wrote about how people love Hallie, and wherever we go they want to talk to her, and touch her, and make her smile at them. It's this crazy phenomenon, and it's great. Yesterday at the grocery store we had one that I thought was really interesting. We're at the checkout, putting our stuff up on the belt and the lady sees Hallie and says, "Oh, mommy!" In a kind of cooing voice that made it obvious she was talking to Hallie, emphasized by the fact that she continued to talk to Hallie as we were doing the entire transaction. Hallie, however, was not in a good mood, she didn't want to play, she wanted to go home and have dinner, so she just sat there and stared at the nice lady. Then we're leaving and getting our hats and boots back on (Hallie always takes them off) and the lady says, "Oh baby girl, you forgot your receipt." In a voice that obviously meant she was talking to me. Anyone see where I'm going here? I went back to get my receipt, and left the store wondering if she realized that she called my baby "mommy" and me, the "mommy", she referred to as "baby girl"... Well, whether she noticed it or not, meant to say it that way or not, it made me smile.

Comments

  1. Hahaha that is funny. I can see calling you baby girl, but why would she ever call Hallie mommy? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected