It Goes On

Outside Devin is pushing Hallie high on the swing.
The grass is still green, and the sky is blue with puffy white clouds.  I can hear her shouting gleefully, fully enjoying her special moment with Daddy.  The flowers and garden are all withered and brown, except for those sturdy ones in special out of the wind locations.

Inside the sun is streaming through the windows making warm spots on the carpet. 
The washing machine is humming, and the clock is steadily ticking the passing seconds.  Hanna is softly asleep upstairs in her bed, snuggled up in her blankets.  There is bread dough rising in a bowl on the counter.

I see and I hear and I feel and I know all of this is going on around me, and yet inside myself I am stuck in time, last Saturday. Last Saturday I had no idea where my girls were, or what they were doing.  Last Saturday I was adrift in a sea of tears, embraces, shaky smiles, bouquets of flowers, condolence cards, hugs from family and friends who traveled both near and far to comfort us all.

Somehow I have to figure out a way to catch back up to today.  Put on my shoes and go swing outside with Hallie.  Or crawl into Hanna's room and lay down beside her.

Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words and thoughts.  Thank you to the people who watched my girls so I could be with my family, and for those who brought meals so I didn't have to worry about Devin worrying about dinner.  These past few weeks I have been reminded that there is an abundance of wonderful people in this world.

Thank You.


Comments

  1. Amy, I'm glad you were well taken care of. You all have been, and continue to be, in our prayers. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, Ames. It keeps surprising me that time keeps moving forward. It's a blessing though that it does. And it has been amazing how wonderful everyone has been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and pray for you and your family, Amy. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grambi and I stopped and spent a moment with Tabitha on our way home from church. We're grateful that her body is resting in such a pretty place.

    I'm now looking forward to the time that a visit isn't quite so emotional for us. :)

    We are so grateful for our family and our friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected