Baby... Sister?

Hallie was brushing her teeth this morning, and I was combing her hair, and all of a sudden I remembered one of the dreams I had last night. I dreamt that we came home from the hospital with the new baby, and I was resting on the couch. Hallie and Devin went down the hall to put the baby in the crib, and I sat on the couch and realized I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl! I shouted down the hall, "so what do we have? A brother, or a sister?" There was a breathless moment, then Devin shouted back "It's a sister!"

So, hmm. A sister? We'll see I guess... two weeks.

Also, for my own records, a few new words Hallie has picked up: (and if I repeat any from previous lists, I sincerely apologize)

water
walk
rock

and my favorite new word:
We were having tacos for dinner, and she wouldn't eat anything. She kept staring at Devin's taco, and so I said, "Hallie, do you want a bite of Daddy's taco?" And she pointed at it, and said "TA-CO". Devin and I just stared at each other in amazement. I guess she wanted some taco. (That's the best she's ever done on a two syllable word, her first try.)

Comments

  1. How in the world did I miss this post?! What an awesome dream. Hmm . . . I wonder! And smart Hallie. Tacos are good. ;) Impressive two-syllable word!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected