Sigh. :( That is nice that she has three friends already. Her braids look so cute! Gah. It is okay to miss our kids. Sniff sniff. That is really cool that her class has a bunny. I am a little jealous.
Makes me want to go out and buy glue and pencils and paper. Ok, I did just go out and buy school stuff, but IT WAS ON SALE! I just love back to school sales. I always missed having my kids around and a bit jealous of the time they spent in school. Sigh. First graders are still so little and yet so big too.
This giveaway is now CLOSED. In a week we will find ourselves feasting with family and friends. We will reflect on and share with each other the good things in life that we are grateful for. And I think that's great, to give thanks. My heart lately though has been leaning in a slightly different direction, I've felt an emphasis on a different part of the name of next week's holiday. My heart is filled with gratitude to people who have reached out in love, sympathy, and support when they see others in need.. Those who have voiced prayers, and kind thoughts and words on our behalf, and on behalf of people seeking comfort everywhere. The people who have watched children, sent flowers, made meals, and done so much more to try and ease burdens. And my thankful heart wants to GIVE back to these people, as a small way of saying Thank You. So today I present you with my ThanksGIVEaway. You know those big fancy blogs that are sponsored by corporat...
Heather is an almost perfect child. Then she turned two, and I held my breath. But she was still an almost perfect child. Really. I'm not exaggerating, she was this close to it. And then she woke up one morning, about a week after her second birthday. She dumped out an entire bottle of cinnamon. But actually, that wasn't all that unusual. It was probably the fourth or fifth bottle she has dumped out. You'd think that we would have learned by now that we have to keep the cinnamon far, far out of her reach. But whatever, right? Keeps my spices fresh, you know? Also, then when I vacuum it always makes me think I'm baking something delicious. Bonus and bonus. Then she decided she wanted to potty train herself without telling me, and took her diaper off. It wasn't a great success, as she peed in front of the dollhouse. My guess is she was too busy playing to think about things like toilets. And then she pooped in front of the do...
I read this story from an article in the Ensign when I was on the plane flying to Florida. It's been in my head ever since then, and many of you have probably already read it, but for those of you that haven't, it's something to think about. It is from a magazine our Church puts out, called the Ensign , and it is a reprinting of a talk that a man named Marion G. Romney gave back in the eighties sometime (he died in 1988), and he is quoting a story he read in the Reader's Digest . I hope that is not too confusing. Anyway, here is the story (first sentence in Marion G. Romney's words, the rest taken from the Readers Digest ): "I clipped the following article from the Reader’s Digest some time ago. It reads: “In our friendly neighbor city of St. Augustine great flocks of sea gulls are starving amid plenty. Fishing is still good, but the gulls don’t know how to fish. For generations they have depended on the shrimp fleet to toss them scraps from the nets. No...
Sigh. :( That is nice that she has three friends already. Her braids look so cute! Gah. It is okay to miss our kids. Sniff sniff. That is really cool that her class has a bunny. I am a little jealous.
ReplyDeleteFirst grade!!! So crazy how that is even possible. It was so fun to chat with you tonight, and I cant wait to see you next month! :)
ReplyDeleteMakes me want to go out and buy glue and pencils and paper. Ok, I did just go out and buy school stuff, but IT WAS ON SALE! I just love back to school sales. I always missed having my kids around and a bit jealous of the time they spent in school. Sigh. First graders are still so little and yet so big too.
ReplyDelete