Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why I'm Not

a child photographer - and when I say that, I certainly mean that I am not a professional photographer of children, but I also mean that I try to avoid taking any pictures of children.  You've probably noticed that they are sort of few and far between on this blog.

I could give you a lengthy explanation about why I don't like to take pictures of kids, but perhaps it would be best if I just showed you.

 I mean, how do you get them to look at the camera?  And IF you ever manage that, how do you get them to smile?
 I don't even want to talk about posing.  It seems that once I step behind a camera I lose any authority I might have as a mother.  There's just no respect.
Now and then a few extras wander in. 

 And sometimes, my subjects just wander off.

Don't worry, I won't quit my day job.

3 comments:

  1. When you are old and gray, those informal, natural, and impromptu photos will mean the most. They show more character and reality than canned pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering how come Daniel didn't get a cute butterfly shirt--one day he will be grateful!

    Love, MOMROSE

    ReplyDelete