Well, this post would be a lot better if I could remember the thing that inspired me to write it, but I don't. Remember it, that is. I just know that I was at someone's house, and I saw something about being grateful, and so I stopped and thought about what I was grateful for, and it was a really good feeling, and I decided to write a blog post about it. But then time went by and other things happened and I never did. It was a really good, uplifting feeling though, and so I've decided to write this blog post anyway, even though this is the lamest introduction to a post I've ever written.
I know it's not Thanksgiving, but here are a few things that I am grateful for today: (please, don't read any deep meaning into the order, either.)
1. I am grateful for my health. I know I complain a lot about being sick, and I often wish that my body were stronger without having to lift weights like Devin does, but all things considered, I am healthy, and I am strong enough to do the things I need to do. (Although, exercising definitely wouldn't hurt me.)
2. I am grateful that my family is healthy. Again, I know I whine a lot about them being sick all the time, but I need to stop doing that, because really a couple cases of pinkeye never did that much damage to anyone. (except my mom's goat, whose eyeball popped out of its socket because of the pressure. But that's another story.)
3. I am grateful for people who know me really well and love me anyway. AND people who know me well, and love me enough to tell me when to get over things, and when I need to chill out.
4. I am grateful for the time that we've lived here in Peoria. I've learned a lot about myself (for a post another time), and I have grown a lot as a mother and a wife. I am more comfortable with having that as a large, perhaps the main, part of my identity now.
5. I am grateful that winter is always followed by Spring. My favorite days of, well, of ever, are the days on the tail end of winter when there is no bitterness in the wind, and your skin knows that soon you won't need a coat. And that smell in the air that tells your nose that soon there will be flowers.
6. I am grateful that mistakes aren't (don't have to be) permanent - that we can live life on a learning curve, and that God is patient.
7. I am grateful for all the people who read my blog and leave comments, because sometimes when I am feeling a little trapped by the weather, and the toddler, and the newborn, and that we only have one car, reading your comments helps me feel connected to the big world out there. So, I'm grateful to you, too.
(Assuming you leave a comment, that is.)
And that goes double for you Nicole. I'll be checking.