Marlboro Man Revisited

(Please excuse this brief departure from my regularly scheduled posts about THE TREK.)

Today in my mailbox I had not only a large envelope letter from the Marlboro Man people, I also had a box package.  What are they thinking? I wondered.  (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this post.)

Well, after I wrote about the series of letters and packages that they had been sending me some of you left comments saying that you couldn't believe I hadn't opened any of them, and that you wanted to know what was inside. So, even though I felt a little strange opening it, I did it for you.  And so, without further ado, if you are still curious what the Marlboro Man people are sending me, read on.

The large envelope contained a chance to enter a drawing to win a large LED flashlight, and 1000 dollars.  It also had one coupon, and a large foldout brochure inviting me to join one of their ten "Preserve the Land" projects.  My favorite of these included the "Preserving Dakota's Wild Mustangs" project, and the "Protecting Birds of Prey" project.  The others were all about land preservation, restoration, and clearing and upgrading various land projects.  Strange.  BUT like I said, I might be tempted to be involved with the first two projects, as long as I didn't have to smoke...

Now, don't get too excited. This was not the largest box they have sent me, this was a small to medium sized one.  But let's open it.  Believe it or not. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, it was a birthday present.  Seriously. I kid you not.  The box says, "May the trails always twist in your favor, May the tales always end in good light, May you have more friends than one campfire can hold, and May they all be with you tonight. HAPPY BIRTHDAY."  First, three small screws fell out.  Then I lifted the flap and inside was an awkwardly shaped piece of metal.  I showed it to Devin and he said, "Who do they think you are?"

I have no idea who they think I am, but somehow they know my birthday and they seem to think that I am a smoker, and a beer drinker because we finally figured out what that oddly shaped piece of metal is, and what the three screws are for. It is a bottle opener, typically used for beer, I would imagine, and you screw it onto your wall. How convenient. If you drank beer.  Which, along with smoking, I do not do.

It does make me more curious than ever what was in my big package though. Because come to think of it, I think that one came near my birthday too.  Oh well.

When I get back from a small vacation I will return to my regularly scheduled posts about THE TREK.

Comments

  1. Too funny. Makes me wonder what was in all the other boxes, especially the bigger boxes. Bigger can openers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so very, very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wall bottle openers are actually pretty handy-remember the one in the barn? We drank a LOT of Old Soakers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so I have a confession. It was I that signed you up for the Marlboro club.
    Just kidding.
    How funny though. Almost creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited that you finally opened a box! And how random. I really wonder how you got on there. Sarah's comment made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, how I wish I'd been there with you when you opened your 'birthday present' from Marlboro!!! You made my day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your
    rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post.
    Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected