Crazy Cutie

Hallie is 16 months old. She has the body of a 6 month old (based on the clothes she still fits in, and her weight and height). She has the emotions of a 2 year old.

Have you ever heard someone say they don't want a kitten because it grows up to be a cat? (note: I love kittens AND cats. That's not my point.) Well, I have to remind myself every day that babies don't grow up to be two year olds. (At least, they don't stay that way.)

I'm going nuts here. She screams and yells when I won't let her outside to play in the thunderstorm. I'm a mean mommy, I know. She throws herself to the ground when I won't let her play in the street. Mean, mean mommy. She tries to kick at me when I won't let her bang her head on the wall. When I put her in time out for whatever reason, she just hangs out there like "whatever man, I've got this."

There are some days... yeah.

But, then today I put her first ponytail ever in her hair:


So maybe she'll get these tantrums out of her system now, and we'll be through the terrible not yet twos before she is even two! How about that?

Comments

  1. Sorry I didn't reply till now. This is Lindsey Pfeil, Mike's wife. Of course you can read our blog. Mike and I would like to read yours every so often too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I also have a 16 month old. He is the size of a 2 year old with the attitude of a 2 year old. I know exactly what you are going through, I am a BAD mommy also. I refuse to let him play in the toilet or trash can, won't let him eat stuff off the floor or let him run around in the stores. Bad mommies UNITE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ponytail! :) I'm looking forward to getting her and Brennan together again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting so big! I found your blog from Nicole's, I hope you don't mind. I was thinking about you the other day while I was weeding my flower bed of dead flowers. Only 3 flowers came back this year! I guess I'll have to try again! Thank you so much for your help last summer! Hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected