On Being Tired

I sleep through the night, and then I wake up and I feel so tired, and in my head I feel fuzzy and foggy as if maybe, am I still asleep?

I lay down and take a nap and I wonder if I am resting, or if I am just ruining any chance of getting a good night's sleep that night, and so I toss and I turn and all I can think about is that I am so tired.

And I wonder when this cycle will end.

But it is spring and today there was sunshine and warmth followed by a thunderstorm complete with lightning. Big fat raindrops hurled through the sky at the roof and pattering at the windows, and I thought maybe I can wake up.

Tomorrow is a new day, and maybe tomorrow I will wake from this living dream.

Sometimes I think, the sooner I go to sleep, the sooner it will be tomorrow and I can test my theory for a new and better tomorrow.

And so, good night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ThanksGIVEaway

Come Take a Tour

Well, That Was Unexpected