Let me begin my explaining what it has looked like in my head the past few weeks. "Well, that family has four girls. Maybe I could have four girls too." "But, if this baby is a girl, then... it isn't a boy." "And if it isn't a boy, then I won't get to hold my David Jonathon." "Maybe there is no David Jonathon." "But maybe, maybe there IS one! Maybe we'll have a boy!" "Just imagine, a little boy... could I do it? Could I teach a boy all the things he needs to know?" "Well... maybe it will be a girl." Thus I went round and round in circles, my pregnancy hormones taking me up one side and then down, down the other, and then up up up I would go again. One moment elated at the thought of another girl, and then sad at the thought of no boy. The next moment excited at the prospect of a little boy person running around this house, and then sad at the thought that I wouldn't have one mor...
Comments
Post a Comment