Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Fours

Hanna is four.  That age thus far has sort of been my nemesis. I just don't know what to do with the fours.  Age one is my glory year, and two and three are fun, and five and six have been pretty solid.  But four makes me wring my hands and question my sanity.  Four keeps me up at night wondering what I'm doing wrong and if I'm broken as a parent.  Four scares me, makes me doubt, and is very, very tiring.

Hanna is four.  This week alone she cut all the hair on the doll house people, cut Heather's hair, wrote her own name on Heather's forehead, scribbled on the walls with marker because she "forgot that she was big and knew that we aren't supposed to draw on walls", drew on the dollhouse with marker, cut two notebooks into tiny little slivers of paper, locked her sister in the car on purpose just after I told her not to, and had many more adventures that I didn't even know about, I'm sure.

Hanna is four.  She likes to take pictures on my phone.  This is what she looks like.
Pretty terrifying, right?





I'm shaking in my boots.

Good news: She turns five in a few months.  Phew.

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so cute.

    Daniel turns four in a few months. I'll need moral support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you get a one year break before little Heather enters the fours. Soak in that year...soak it in, my friend. lol

    ReplyDelete