Thursday, April 24, 2014

Collage

When I do my "run" in the evenings on the treadmill (1 mile, three times a week), I have nothing to look at.  The wall is painted a sort of tan/beige/light brown color - let's call it almond!  And there is nothing on it, except one dark dot, which is maybe a hole left from a nail when something hung there before?  Or a bug that died and left a tiny spot? I don't know.  Anyway, that's all I have to look at.

So I stare at it, and I imagine all the things that I would put on that wall if I ever did anything like put things on walls.

And then I thought, why don't I just stop imagining, and start doing? Right? Right?! Right!!

There is a pin board (what are those things called? You know, the soft kind of board that you can push pins into to hold papers and stuff?) in the play house in the backyard that the previous owners left. It is really nice.  I could put pictures and things on it that inspire and motivate me to run, because eventually obviously I hope to go beyond doing a mile three times a week, and then I might need something to excite me more than just that black dot.

Here are the pictures I have so far:


 I just really like this elephant one.




These last two are my favorite things that our soccer coach used to yell at us when we would slow down doing our sprint drills.  Ah, good times.

So what other pictures should I find?  I keep thinking I should find a good picture of bacon, and a good picture of chocolate.  And a good picture of the beach, and a good picture of a forest, and... what else?

5 comments:

  1. You're awesome. I hate running on the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's funny that most people would put pictures to inspire them, like photos of how they want their body to look or their end goal, like a dress size or certain weight... and you would put up bacon. This is why we're friends. :) I say whatever inspires you to run! Maybe pictures of your beautiful girls? a favorite Word of Wisdom quote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic pictures. Perhaps a batch of your yummy cookies? Nice fonts, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mountain. A sunrise. Your pictures are already inspiring. Thanks for putting our family picture on the inspiring wall. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a joke or a funny picture to make you laugh.?

    ReplyDelete