Thursday, August 29, 2013

Trying New Things

Every now and then, I like to try new things. Today I was organizing my boards on pinterest (not a new thing) and I kept coming across whatever they are called, you know those things where people who are really talented with graphic design take a cute quote or funny saying and make it look fancy and nice, and then everyone repins it a million times and it all looks super cool?

Yeah, ok.  So I was looking through some of those, and they are great.  But I kept thinking, "Gee, I wish I could find some of my favorite quotes looking nice and sharp like these ones."

And I realize that I could have somehow done some magic-y search-y thing for it, and probably found it, because my quotes are not so obscure that probably someone out there hasn't done something cute-sy and graphic-y design-y to them, but I don't really know how to do those things.

Not that I know how to do graphic design either. But for some reason, tonight, trying to make my own seemed less daunting than searching for pre-made ones.  And for some reason, I want to try to upload it to my blog not as a picture, but as an html.  Yeah, I don't know why I am purposefully and knowingly making things harder for myself, but that's what we do sometimes when the kids are in bed and the husband is doing the dishes and we don't feel like being helpful in meaningful ways.

Sometimes I'm a terrible person, I know that. Let's move on and see if this thing worked.

ba ha ha ha ha ha! It did! Look at that, it did! It did! I did something!  WAHOO!  Ok, yeah.  I know, most of you have been doing this since you were five.  I'm finally catching up to my generation in technology know-how!  Well, maybe I shouldn't get carried away.  Off to find more quotes I like and see what I can do with them.  Thanks for your time!


 photo Slide1.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Nice work!!! I love that quote and I love the new pics from your family reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! :) Very fancy. I don't have a clue how to do that as an HTML, I don't think. With the old blogger format, I used to play around in the HTML, but I haven't in years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I don't know how to do that stuff yet, either, but since I am an -official- Graphic Design major now, hopefully I'll be learning it soon! I think it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love that quote and it goes perfect with the adorable pictures of your girls! Great job!

    ReplyDelete